Shoe Sizes In Inches
For the chart below, shoe sizes are in inches, measured from the back of your heel to the front of your longest toe. To determine your shoe size, use the instructions that follow.
|Women's Shoe Sizes in Inches
||Heel to Toe
How to Determine Your Shoe Size
- Lay a piece of paper on the floor and trace your footprint. If you're doing this yourself, it's best to sit on a chair and trace from there. If you have a friend helping, it's best to stand. To trace properly, hold the pencil upright (not at an angle) and keep it close to your foot as you go along.
- On your traced footprint, use a ruler to measure the longest length from heel to toe to the nearest 1/16".
- Use the shoe size chart above to determine your shoe size.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Fit
- Measure your feet with the kind of socks you plan to wear with the shoes you're buying. For example, thick socks for athletic shoes, hosiery for dress shoes, and no socks for sandals.
- Measure both feet. More than likely, one foot will be larger than the other. Buy your shoes based on the larger of the two.
- Measure your feet in the afternoon. They are usually their largest at this time of the day.
- If you determine you need a half-size, but there are none available for the shoes you're buying, go with the next whole size up.
- Consider the shape of your foot as well as the size. Thickness, width, arch height, and other foot features are, also, important when looking for the best fit.
- Keep in mind that the shoe sizes in inches chart above is an industry standard and using it will only give you an approximate measure of your true shoe size. Millions of shoes are made in many different locations and each will vary in exact size and shape.
More tall clothing to discover:
Large Size Shoes
Shoe Sizes In Inches Chart
Like This Page?